This ultimate comfort food is the best way to use up leftover rice.
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped, whites and green separated
- 2 medium or 3 small carrots, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- ½ c. frozen peas, defrosted
- 4 c. cooked rice
- 3 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. sesame oil, plus more to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring, until curds are light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, transfer to a plate. Add bacon to skillet and cook until crisp, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add pepper, scallion whites, and carrots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add peas and rice. Cook, stirring occasionally, until warmed through, 4 to 5 minutes. Fold in eggs and season with soy sauce and sesame oil. Serve immediately topped with scallion greens and more sesame oil alongside.
READ ALSO: Almond Kifli recipe