If you don’t know what Almond Kifli is, give it a try. You will love it and so will everyone else. It’s incredibly easy to make.
ALSO READ: The Best Homemade Hot Fudge Recipe
- 125 grams whole raw almonds with skin on
- 250 grams unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2⅓ cups plain (all purpose) flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
- 1 cup icing sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground vanilla powder
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Add the butter, flour and vanilla sugar and pulse gently until the mixture comes together. You can also do this by hand.
- Roll the dough into small thumb sized rolls bent into crescent shapes. Place on trays and bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until pale and golden.
- Make vanilla icing sugar by sifting together the icing sugar and ground vanilla powder. When the biscuits have cooled, roll them in the vanilla icing sugar to generously coat.
- Store in an airtight container, sprinkled with any remaining icing sugar. Makes 60.