Hot Fudge is the perfect accompaniment to a lot of desserts. Much like my favourite chocolate syrup, hot fudge is perfect over other desserts. Add a little hot fudge to desserts or just use it on your ice cream.
READ ALSO: South African dumpling recipe
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1¼ tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a medium saucepan, combine cream, butter, brown sugar, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer on medium to medium low heat.
- Simmer for about 1 minute.
- Add in chocolate chips and whisk to melt.
- Once the chocolate has melted, remove from heat.
- Use a sifter and add in cocoa powder.
- Whisk the cocoa powder into the mixture until smooth.
- Return pan to low heat and simmer until the sauce becomes glossy, about 1-2 minutes. You’ll want to whisk constantly to ensure all the cocoa powder is incorporated.
- Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla extract.
- You can now serve or place in jars and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months.
- Once the hot fudge has set in the refrigerator, remove lid and heat in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until you get the temperature you want.
Original recipe at My Heavenly recipes