Tourism Minister, Lindiwe Sisulu, has vehemently rejected statements posted by the Presidency that claimed a full apology had been issued on her behalf.
Sisulu issued multiple responses to Ramaphosa’s office, denying that she was “admonished” in any form or fashion. She said that her words have been “deliberately misrepresented” by the President’s media team, slamming them for an alleged act of mischief:
“Minister Lindiwe Sisulu wishes to clarify what is, in her estimation, a deliberate misrepresentation from the President’s media team about her meeting with Cyril Ramaphosa. In the opinion piece, the President said there was only a solitary line that he found offensive, and there was an agreement to change it. So the minister is troubled by the President’s media team and their deliberate mischief. At no point was she admonished by Ramaphosa, and the minister never agreed to apologise or withdraw the article.”
This follows after the Presidency stood by the statement that they issued late last night.
PRESIDENCY STANDS BY STATEMENT ON MINISTER OF TOURISM— Presidency | South Africa 🇿🇦 (@PresidencyZA) January 20, 2022
The Presidency stands by its statement earlier this evening, 20 January 2022, on a discussion between President @CyrilRamaphosa and Minister of Tourism Ms Lindiwe Sisulu.
🚨 Media Statement 🚨 pic.twitter.com/QczNgHR1zd— Lindiwe Sisulu (@LindiweSisuluSA) January 21, 2022
Sources: MSN, Twitter, The World News
Follow FiND iT on Facebook here.