Knowing how to create the perfect post is critical for the performance of your posts. That is why we have created this step by step guide to posting so that you can have a clear understanding of what to do each time you post.
Having a checklist makes the posting process simpler, clearer and correct every single time. You may already be doing a few of these items on the checklist, but here are some that need more attention.
WordPress is a simple CMS system that has already simplified the way you work. Not that I have marked this link to open in a new tab. Wikipedia is a free and credible source which is why we add it as an external link and do not mark it as no-follow. If we were to link to another site it is best to mark this link as open in new tab and no-follow. If the link is to an advertiser, then select all three options.
Herewith the checklist on how to create the perfect post:
- Post has a title
- Post has content
- Post has an excerpt. (The excerpt is a short description to entice the reader to read your post)
- Post category has been selected
- Relevant tags have been used
- Correct author selected
- Featured Image has been added and the Alt Text, Title, Caption and Description have been filled in. Make sure to add the image credit after the post title in the Caption section. You can click on this post’s image as a reference.
- Scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the SEO section.
- Make sure to add in the relevant key focus and follow the prompts in order to get the SEO light green.
- Do not worry about Readability as this will be tricky with the text length and language.
- If you can add an internal link to another relevant article, please do so as it will help to promote traffic to other content as well as your own post on google. Here is an example of adding an internal link.
And that’s it folks, everything you need to know on how to create the perfect post!