Dark chocolate and coconut banana bread serves 8 – prep + cook 1 hour 15 mins.
125g butter, softened
1 cup CSR Dark Muscovado Sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
1/4 cup CSR Golden Syrup
1 4/3 cups White Wings Plain Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/4 tsp salt flakes
1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted walnuts
3/4 cup chopped dark chocolate
1/2 cup flaked coconut 2 tbsp CSR Coffee Sugar Crystals
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease a 10.5cm x 24cm loaf pan and line base and sides with baking paper.
2. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy.
3. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until just combined, then mashed banana and golden syrup.
4. Sift over flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Add walnuts, two-thirds of the chocolate and two-thirds of the coconut. Stir until combined. Spoon into pan, smooth top. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate, coconut and coffee sugar crystals.
5. Bake banana bread 1 hour 15 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan 30 mins before turning, top-side up, onto a wire rack to cool.
ALSO READ: The big chocolate cookie – Bake Club Part 1