Two siblings from the eMbalenhle township of Mpumalanga passed away shortly after each other after each ate a packet of instant noodles on 9 November.
Before leaving for school the two children, Thato (9) and Keamoketswe (13) ate noodles for breakfast. According to their grandmother, Winnie, Thato left the house first while Keamoketswe stayed behind to finish an assignment.
Keomoketswe left for the bus stop but returned shortly after to report that he’d found Thato collapsed to the ground while she waited to get on the bus. Winnie said: “We were shocked at what was happening. We rushed to the bus stop and found Thato [lying on the ground]. We then headed to the nearby clinic where the nurses examined her, but it was too late. She was declared dead.”
While the family rushed Thato to the clinic, Keomoketswe stayed home with his two-year-old brother. A family friend went to check on them and found Keomoketswe collapsed on the floor. He was also rushed to the clinic but was also declared dead on arrival.
Two inquest dockets were opened due to the children dying at separate locations. And police are awaiting the results of the autopsy.
Sources: MSN, Briefly
Follow FiND iT here.