The FBI released a partially redacted 16-page declassified 9/11 document on Saturday night, the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, the document is from 2016.
Last month, President Joe Biden said that the Justice Department would review classified FBI documents on the 9/11 investigation and the alleged role of Saudi Arabia’s government in the attacks.
The released document had multiple witness testimonies and showed several connections between two of the hijackers and Saudi Arabian associates but did not find evidence that the Saudi government was involved in the attacks.
It stated that the FBI suspected Omar al-Bayoumi, a Saudi student in Los Angeles, of being a Saudi intelligence agent that was involved in giving two hijackers – Nawaf al Hazmi and Khalid al Midhar – help with travel, lodging and money.
Fifteen of the nineteen men who hijacked four planes on 9/11 were Saudi Arabian. The Saudi government has repeatedly denied playing any role in the attacks.
In a statement on Wednesday, the Saudi Embassy said that it welcomed the declassification of the documents.
“As the administrations of the past four US presidents have attested, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has unwaveringly condemned and denounced the deplorable crimes that took place against the United States, its close ally and partner,” the statement said.
9/11 Families United said the report made revelations “implicating numerous Saudi government officials, in a coordinated effort to mobilise an essential support network for the first arriving 9/11 hijackers, Nawaf al Hazmi and Khalid al Mihdhar.”
Sources: Business Insider
Follow FiND iT on Facebook here.