The distraught family of little Thato and her older brother Keamogetswe, who died after eating a packet of noodles, has advised others to not eat noodles for now.
Thato and Keamogetswe died within an hour of each other after eating a packet of noodles last week,
Their uncle, Mpho Chosen Makofane, said their family is broken. “We are broken as a family because we never thought that something like this would happen to us. We haven’t heard anything from the police, and we went to inquire at the forensic about the post mortem result. We were informed that they would get back to us once they had received the results from the lab in Pretoria,” he said.
Makofane said that waiting for the results and not knowing what happened to his beloved niece and nephew is taking a toll on the family.
“The wait is definitely taking a lot out of us. Hopefully, we will get the results soon and take the necessary steps moving forward,” he said.
He added that his distraught family is not in a position to share details about the brand of the noodles yet but said this would be revealed once they have received the post mortem results.
“My advice at this moment is that parents should avoid giving their children noodles until the results are out,” Makofane said.
Tissue samples of both children were taken and sent to the police’s forensic laboratory in Pretoria.
Police spokesperson Constable Busisiwe Mthethwa said police are investigating the matter and are still awaiting the post mortem results on Friday.
Makofane said his niece and nephew are missed.
“They loved each other a lot, and they shared everything together,” he said.
Little Thato had dreams of becoming a doctor, while Keamogetswe wanted to be a farmer.
The siblings were laid to rest on 14 November 2021.
Sources: MSN, Richest
Follow FiND iT here.