Chocolate sponge cake serves 10 prep + cook 40 mins + standing time.
Ingredients for chocolate sponge cake:
1 cup CSR Caster Sugar
1/2 cup White Wings Cornflour
1/2 cup White Wings Plain Flour
1/2 cup White Wings Self Raising Flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup raspberry jam 300ml thickened cream, whipped
250g dark chocolate, chopped finely
125g butter, chopped
.1 Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease 2 x 20cm round cake pans, line bases with baking paper.
2. Using a large electric stand mixer, whisk eggs about 10 mins or until creamy. Gradually add caster sugar, beating until dissolved between additions.
3. Meanwhile, triple-sift dry ingredients and gently fold into egg mixture.
4. Divide mixture evenly between prepared pans, bake 25 mins or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn chocolate sponge cake out immediately, then turn right-side up on wire racks covered with baking paper to cool completely.
5. CHOCOLATE GANACHE Combine chocolate and butter in a small saucepan, stirring over very low heat until melted and smooth. Transfer to a bowl and cool 15 mins or until mixture has thickened slightly.
6. Spread jam over top of one chocolate sponge cake. Top with whipped cream, then place second sponge on top. Spread with chocolate ganache, allowing it to drip just over the edge of the sponge.