Soft and delicious, it is made of fine ingredients and lifts up a regular dish into something heavenly.
ALSO READ: Peanut Butter Granola Pinwheels
- 1 l heavy cream or whipping cream
- smoked salmon (grind into a paste)
- sun-dried tomato and basil
- seeded mustard
- salt (optional)
Pour 1 liter of cold whipping cream into a bowl or food processor and blend about 4 minutes on high speed.
You can also use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer. Whip the cream until it separates into butter and buttermilk.
Take a plastic bottle or a jar, pour about a third of cream. Shake it for 5 minutes, until the butter separates. If you are strong enough it should only take a minute or so.
Also, you can skip the step of making butter, buy it, and all you need to do is allow your butter to sit at room temperature until it’s softened and add these ingredients to it:
- Pour off the buttermilk.
- Dish 150 g of butter onto four plates.
- Mix smoked salmon paste with one plate of butter until smooth.
- Mix parsley and garlic with one plate of butter until smooth.
- Mix tomato and basil with one plate of butter until smooth.
- Mix mustard with one plate of butter until smooth.
- Cut a square of cling film or baking paper. Roll it around the butter to form a sausage shape, then twist the ends to seal. The butter is now ready to be stored for up to a month in the freezer.
Original recipe at Instructables.